ABOUT The YACC Project
Young and Consciously Connected (YACC) is an initiative that supports a holistic, integrated approach to the development of young people, particularly those aged 15 - 18 years and in their final years of secondary education.
The YACC Project is the brainchild and creation of Veronica Smith, educator, trainer and parent, as the result of 30+ years working with and alongside young people and their families.
Recognising that traditional forms of schooling were inadequately preparing an ever increasing number of students, she created a program of future planning that catered for the unique personalities of ALL young people, preparing them for a world that is fast-paced and demanding in ways that other, older generations struggle to understand.
The YACC Project offers a range of programs that help young people develop a ”Brightness of Future”. They will:
- Develop increased self-awareness – “consciousness”
- Develop increased confidence
- Make positive choices
- Develop meaningful and inspiring Career Pathway Plans
- Develop successful education plans
- Develop Leadership and Employability skills
- Prepare for the workforce and other post secondary options